Some quick dispatches regarding what’s brewing at Musoscribe World Headquarters…
- I recently signed with a literary agent, though for now I can’t reveal any details about the project in development. Suffice to say it explores one of my long-held favorite topics, and that it will be quite unlike my first book, Reinventing Pink Floyd.
- I recently turned in stories and/or interviews on Taj Mahal, Procol Harum, Steep Canyon Rangers and Purple Image to various print publications. All will be out soon.
- My in-depth conversation with jazz legend Sonny Rollins – my second time interviewing him in fact – is in the current issue (print) of Record Collector.
- In keeping with my abiding interest in progressive and/or unclassifiable music acts from Europe (Magma) and the Far East (Yuka & Chronoship), I’m currently working on feature stories on RPWL (Germany) and Riverside (Poland).
- I don’t only write about music. In collaboration with my wife Audrey, I research and write a monthly article series for Mountain Xpress called “Top Shelf Views.” It focuses on cocktails.
- Another archival release of a Ben Folds concert will be out soon, featuring my liner notes and interview with Folds.
- Other features in the works include stories on the Yellowjackets and Humble Pie, and critical looks at albums of the past by Mary Hopkin, Split Enz, the Sex Pistols, the Grays, Gun with Adrian Gurvitz, John Coltrane and many, many more.