I’ve been very busy of late, what with attending the Hopscotch Festival, doing lots of interviews, and listening to a ton of new and reissued music. That’s the excuse I’m going with to explain my otherwise lack of new content today. So instead I’ll take just a moment to let you know what’s coming very soon:
- An interview with Van Duren (Memphis pop legend) and Vicki Loveland about their new album Bloody Cupid
- An interview with guitar virtuoso Joe Satriani, covering his new album Unstoppable Momentum and much more
- An interview with Roger Hart – manager for Paul Revere and the Raiders throughout their chart-topping era – about a television treatment called Madness that he wrote in the 1960s, and how it eventually ended up as The Monkees
Coming on the heels of those interviews are these:
- Howard Kaylan (The Turtles, Flo & Eddie) ion his great new autobiography Shell Shocked
- The president of Bethlehem Records on the massive jazz album reissue project that’s underway
- Powerpop giant Richard X Heyman on his latest album X
- Richard Barone on the release of the “lost” 1986 album from his band The Bongos
- A feature on the triple-bill tour featuring Los Straitjackets, Southern Culture on the Skids and The Fleshtones
- Show reviews of Cody ChesnuTT, Mayer Hawthorne, Superhumanoids, Fitz & the Tantrums, Shuggie Otis and many more
- …plus a long list of album and music DVD reviews, music-related book reviews, essays and much more.
In the meantime, there are 1200-plus pieces here for you to explore at will, and the archive of stuff I published 2009 and earlier.
Follow “the_musoscribe” on Twitter and get notified
when new features, reviews and essays are published.