There’s an embarrassment of riches in store here on the blog. Readers can look forward to the following in the upcoming days and weeks:
- Reviews of new music from Dave Davies, Mark Lindsay, Van Duren and Vicki Loveland, Sam Phillips, Jackson Scott, Steve Hunter, Tommy Keene, Caravan, Spock’s Beard, and more.
- Reissues, compilations, rarities and box sets from Sly & the Family Stone, Steve Hillage, The Hello People, The Monochrome Set, and many more.
- Book reviews: Before Elvis: The Prehistory of Rock’n’roll, Shoes biography Boys Don’t Lie, and more.
- Interviews with Swamp Dogg, George Thorogood, and more that I simply haven’t gotten around to publishing yet.
- So much reissued jazz: Thelonious Monk, Gerry Mulligan, Bill Evans, Wes Montgomery, Cannonball Adderley, Milt Jackson, Chet Baker, Giuseppi Logan, Albert Ayler, Billy Cobham, Ahmed Abdul Malik, George Braith, John Coltrane and many others.
- On-site coverage of the 2013 Hopscotch Festival in Raleigh NC.
So please stay tuned, and tell your friends.
Follow “the_musoscribe” on Twitter and get notified
when new features, reviews and essays are published.