Sneak Preview (No Fooling)
Wow. There’s a lot of really great stuff coming down the pike. I have a number of major projects in progress at the moment. Powerpop, progressive rock, classic AM radio pop, r&b…here’s just some of what readers can look forward to in the very near future:
- An interview with powerpop master Jason Falkner on the stateside release of his I’m OK, You’re OK album
- An interview with Tommy James on the re-release of three Shondells albums (and one TJ solo disc)
- A look at the new book Record Store Days: From Vinyl to Digital and Back Again by Gary Calamar and Phil Gallo
- A review of Bettye LaVette‘s new album Interpretations: The British Rock Songbook
- An interview with former Genesis guitarist Steve Hackett on his new album Out of the Tunnel’s Mouth
…and lots of other really cool stuff, including a bunch of album and DVD reviews. Stay tuned.
Follow “the_musoscribe” on Twitter and get notified
when new features, reviews and essays are published.
About the Author
With a background in marketing and advertising, Bill Kopp got his professional start writing for Trouser Press. After a stint as Editor-in-chief for a national music magazine, Bill launched Musoscribe in 2009, and has published new content every business day since then (and every single day since 2018). The 4000-plus interviews, essays, and reviews on Musoscribe reflect Bill's keen interest in American musical forms, most notably rock, jazz, and soul. His work features a special emphasis on reissues and vinyl. Bill's work also appears in many other outlets both online and in print. He regularly hosts lecture/discussions on artists and albums of historical importance (including monthly events Music to Your Ears and Music Movie Mondays), and is a frequent guest on music-focused radio programs and podcasts. In Spring 2023 he is co-teaching a history of Rock 'n' Roll at UNC Asheville's College for Seniors. He also researches and authors liner notes for album reissues -- more than 30 to date -- and co-produced a reissue of jazz legend Julian "Cannonball" Adderley's final album. His first book, Reinventing Pink Floyd: From Syd Barrett to The Dark Side of the Moon was published by Rowman & Littlefield in 2018, and in paperback in 2019. His second book, Disturbing the Peace: 415 Records and the Rise of New Wave, was published in 2021 by HoZac Books. His third book, What's the Big Idea: 40 Great Concept Albums will be published in 2024. Read even more about him here.