As is typical, you won’t find a great deal of coverage of current-day Grammy nominees in the virtual pages of Musoscribe. But you will find a few things.
- The Mavericks are nominated in the Best Americana Album category for Mono. They also got a nomination for “Best American Roots Song” for Mono‘s “All Night Long.” My review of Mono is here. I love that album.
- A tribute album to Muddy Waters has a nomination. I reviewed Muddy Waters 100 in August.
- Bill Frisell‘s Guitar in the Space Age! is nominated in the Best Contemporary Instrumental Album category. Me, I was a bit underwhelmed.
- The documentary Glen Campbell: I’ll Be Me got a sorta-nomination in the Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media category. I interviewed Kim Campbell about the film.
- Buddy Guy‘s Born to Play Guitar is nominated in the Best Blues Album category. I covered it briefly on its release.
- The Revelers earned a nomination for their latest album, Get Ready. Here’s my recent interview with The Revelers.
- The remastered reissue of Roger Waters‘ Amused to Death is nominated in the Best Surround Sound Album category. My review of that album is here.
Well, whaddya know! I guess there are more than a couple after all. Who knew? The 58th Annual Grammy Awards will be broadcast one month from today, on February 15, 2016.