I’ve been running this blog for just shy of three and a half years now, posting new content just about every business day (I’ve missed a few, and when life intrudes, I occasionally reach back in to the archives and repost something old, but I haven’t done that very often at all). One tradition I have observed, however, is taking Thanksgiving Day off. Not as goofy as Halloween, and thankfully (ha) free of the religious baggage with which so many other holidays are laden, I really like this fourth Thursday in November.
Regular posting will resume tomorrow, but in the meantime, here’s a quick summary of some recent Musoscribe interviews you might have missed:
- My four-part interview with John Murphy of powerpop band Shoes
- My conversation with Nick Lowe
- My talk with Jethro Tull leader Ian Anderson
- My post-concert conversation with Mark Benson of “1964: The Tribute”
- A two-part interview with Alvin Lee, formerly of Ten Years After
- A conversation with under-appreciated surf/psych guitarist Merrell Fankhauser
- 20 Questions with Van Dyke Parks
Note that all seven of these are from within the last 90 days. There are literally dozens more of my interviews here and here. And many more are on the way.
I am thankful for my readers. Happy Thanksgiving.